The National Sports Complex Olimpiyskiy is the main sports and cultural arena of Ukraine and belongs to the management sphere of the Ministry of Youth and Sports of Ukraine.
More than 200 football matches including matches of Euro-2012, the UEFA Europa League and the UEFA Champions League have been held at the NSC since its opening, after the last reconstruction, in 2011. On May 26, 2018, the NSC Olimpiysky hosted the UEFA Champions League Final. NSC Olimpiyskiy is in the list of the UEFA elite class multifunctional arenas since June 2018. Successful concerts of popular Ukrainian and world musicians such as Ocean Elzy, Madonna, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Depesche Mode, Imagine Dragons, Enrique Iglesias, Monatik and KISS were held here .
1. The total area of the complex is 16.88 ha. The area of roads and footpaths is 79,326 m2. The outer perimeter is 2040 m.
2. Two-tiered stadium bowl where 80 sectors are located has a reinforced concrete structure. The lower tier with a height of 9.5m has 38-46 rows, the upper tier, which height is 15.2m has 30 rows. The total height of the tiers is 25.21 m.
3. The total capacity of the stadium is 70,050 thousand spectators (32,731 seats on the upper tier, 37,319 seats on the lower tier), including:
• 738 seats in VIP boxes;
• 3,546 seats in the business area;
• 150 seats for people with disabilities;
• 300 seats in the medea tribune (expandable up to 1500).
The stadium is equipped with Bluecube firm seats that have a width of 460 mm
4. Catering facilities:
• 900m2 of kitchen with Kuppersbuch equipment;
• 18 places for catering, located on level 2 galleries;
• 24 catering racks, located on level 3 galleries;
• the total area of the main restaurant is 590 m2;
• 4 bars in the VIP area;
• 4 bars in the business area;
• Olympic Hall with a total capacity of 600 seats with 2 bars and a buffet.
5. The stadium is equipped with a membrane roof, which covers 100% of the seats.
6. Two Engel Display boards are designed to display materials from different video sources, graphic or textual information during the events. The overall dimension of the display is 13.6 x 7.6 m.
7. The lighting system consists of 608 floodlights and operates in 7 modes, due to which the field illumination ranges from 1000 to 2400 lux.
8. The size of the field is 105 x 68 meters.
9. The conference hall is equipped with motorized screens and an audio system. The area of the hall is 578 m2, the ceiling height is 8 m.
There are other halls where portable equipment is used:
• Hall «Citius» - 106 m2;
• Hall «Altius» - 123 m2;
• Hall «Fortius» - 115 m2;
• room «Sprint» - 70 m2;
• Hall «Olympic Yard» - 903 m2 with a ceiling height of 10 m;
• Lounge zone level 1 - 3 110 m2;
• Lounge zone level 2 - 1 120 m2.
10. There is an open WiFi network at the stadium.
Location and transport logistics
The NSC Olimpiyskiy is located in the heart of the city and has a convenient transport interchange:
• 3 metro stations are in close proximity to the stadium - Olimpiyska, Palace of Sports, and Ploshcha Lva Tolstogo;
• 3 km is the distance from the central railway station to Olimpiyskiy (go by trolleybuses № 14, 3, 12)
• 29 km is the distance from Boryspil International Airport (SkyBus bus from the BIA to central railway station, Kyiv-Boryspil Express train)
• 7 km is the distance from the international airport "Zhulyany" (trolleybus № 9);
• 3 km is the distance from the central bus station (trolleybus №12).
Locations in the territory of the stadium:
• Hospitality areas of 36,000 m2, which can be used for parking of vehicles, including large vehicles;
• TV area of 8000 m2, which provides ideal conditions for the placement of television mobile stations.
Locations around the stadium:
• underground parking of Troitska Square - 250 places, parking of shopping and entertainment center Gulliver - (450 parking places on the underground parking, 200 places on the outdoor parking).
There is also a developed infrastructure near the stadium:
• hotels from 3 to 5 * are within a radius of 2 km from the NSC Olimpiysky;
• shopping and entertainment centers "Gulliver", "Olimpiyskiy", "Metrograd" are located near the arena;
• there are many restaurants and cafes nearby.
The NSC Olimpiyskiy is a socially oriented arena. The stadium has all the necessary conditions for a comfortable stay of people with disabilities. The stadium is equipped with ramps and toilets for people in wheelchairs. An audio descriptive commentary is available for visually impaired people.
VIPs are offered 39 separate Sky boxes for a comfortable stay in the arena. Each box is equipped with its own catering area and lavatory.
The NSC Olimpiyskiy has a high level of security and is equipped with a modern video surveillance system. Stewards who work at a stadium during public events have taken a UEFA safety training course. The stadium effectively cooperates with state security and law enforcement agencies. Up to 600 security officers and up to 1000 stewards work at the stadium during matches and public events. In case of emergencies, it takes only 8 minutes for the stadium to be completely evacuated.
The experience of the arena’s hosting of concerts
2011 - the opening ceremony of the NSC Olimiyskiy and a concert of the Colombian pop star Shakira;
2012 - Red Hot Chili Peppers concert and world pop diva Madonna performance;
2015 - ukrainian band Ocean Elzy concert;
2016 - the Muse band and Ocean Elzy band concerts;
2017 - the British band Depeche Mode and Italian tenor Andrea Bocelli concerts.
2018 - BeLive festival, Ocean Elzy band, Americains Imagine Dragons and Spaniard Enrique Iglesias concerts.
2019 - Monatik and KISS conserts
The official logo of the NSC Olimpiyskiy is a composition that includes a graphic representation of the membrane roof and the name of the stadium.